nav

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mom.

Elizabeth. Lizzy. Lizzy Bizzy Woman. Crackhead. Ya Big Freak. We call you so many different names and titles. But there is one title I think you should be proudest of: Mom. 


You sacrificed your free time, career and independence. You gave up your young, fit, perfect body for 4 round, pregnant bellies. You gave away your sanity and gained patience. You gave up the glories of the world for a thankless job. So I'm here to say thank you. Thank you for raising me in a loving household that taught me kindness and goodness. Thank you for dragging me to church even when I didn't have a testimony of my own. Thank you for always holding my hand when I got my blood drawn. Thank you for continuing to give me my shots of medication even though I told you, "every time you stab a needle in my arm, it's like you stab my heart." Thank you for cutting the crust off my sandwiches for years. Thank you for getting up every morning to wake me up (multiple times) for seminary. Thank you for sitting in the study, listening to me pound out notes on the piano for hours. Thank you for encouraging me to keep singing even though I didn't get the solo or part I wanted. Thank you to listening to my songwriting when I only knew four chords on the guitar. Thank you for sitting in the passenger seat when I was a fifteen year old who didn't know how to gradually brake. Thank you for letting me come to you every time I cried, so that I never had to cry alone. Thank you for coming up to my room in the middle of the night, when I told you I was too tired and sad to get out of bed, tickling my back until I fell asleep. Thank you for closing your iPad, taking your reading glasses off, and opening your arms every time I walked in with puffy eyes and tear-streaked cheeks. Thank you for loving me unconditionally when I didn't know how to love myself. Thank you for showing me that I had worth and value no matter what. Thank you for teaching me that I had a loving Savior and Father in Heaven. Thank you for making our home a heaven on earth. Thank you for giving up your past life to give me life. Thank you for raising 4 souls who love their parents and siblings dearly. No thanks I give you will ever be enough. I love you so much. You are my best friend. Happy Mother's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment