nav

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Maui Maniacs

Let me start this off by telling you a little story:
Once upon a time, a handsome man named Wade married a beautiful woman named Elizabeth. They decided to start their family and have children. The plan was going alright, but not great. They had 3 children who were all good, but not the best. Each child had their own flaws. Wade and Elizabeth decided they would keep having children until they had the perfect one. Finally, it happened. The couple was blessed with an angelic, beautiful, perfect little girl named Hannah. They had finally had the perfect child, so they didn't need anymore kids. 

Whenever my older siblings complain about how spoiled and privilged I am, I simply remind them of this story. It's not my fault they aren't perfect children and I am. Sorry but the truth hurts.

My family just got back from our trip to Hawaii! This was the first time our whole family has been together since Cliff and Katie's wedding in 2011. (I think that's what year it was but honestly I have no idea...) My parents and I went up to Maui for 3 days before the prodigal children joined us in Oahu for a week. That's the reason I shared the little tale of our family with you. I love all my siblings and my parents love us all equally, I promise. I just like to tease them like they tease me ;)


BEAACCHH. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton. It was magnificant! 


That's the view from the lobby of the Ritz. Amazing, right? The staff and service was incredible. If you're looking to go to Maui, I recommend staying there! It wasn't very crowded at all because it's away from where most of the other hotels are. And it's really close to the best snorkeling spots on the island! 


The ocean view from our room. 


Breakfast food is my favorite food, in case you were wondering. 


If any of you watch Parks and Recreation, you'll understand this. I am Leslie Knope. I seriously am. Cliff would always joke that I'm just like her but I never really got it until recently. Just look at my waffle. She would approve. 


People in Hawaii are obsessed with Spam. You can get Spam pancakes, Spam macadamia nuts, Spam anything if you want it. But I definitely didn't want it. 


This was taken at Kapalua Bay. The snorkeling was awesome here, but there were definitely better places! 
I'm so glad I have a GoPro camera :) 


If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have been able to take this selfie with a sea turtle. And wouldn't that be tragic? Here is an example of a better place to snorkel! Napili Bay! This wasn't the main beach; we walked over a ways to a hidden little cove. You had to climb in some rocks to get in the water but it was really easy! And totally worth it! Because there were like 5 sea turtles there! And it was much less crowded! Altough, I did have a little spill on the rocks coming out of the water. I landed on my knees and elbows and got HUGE bruises and cuts. But that's just because I'm a clutz.


Pesto mozzarella flatbread from the Terrace in the Ritz. YUM. 


The most amazing creme brulee I've ever had. We were seriously tempted to lick the bowl.


DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SKY.


Coolest thing I did in Maui? Zipline. YESSS. I wish I had pictures or videos, but I went at night so it was pitch black! It was incredible at night, though! I saw more stars than I have ever seen before in my life. And it was such  rush because you couldn't see where you were going or how high you were or when you were going to stop. The place was called Kapalua Ziplines. There are a few other zipline places in Maui, but I suggest you go to this one! It was so fun and the people were super awesome!! Our guide picked us guava and passion fruit, and then let us pick our own pineapple! Peter, you were the coolest. 


I loved my pineapples. They were the sweetest, yummiest pineapples I've ever had! 


This is Napili Bay. It has a great beach if that'ts what you want, you just won't see the turtles. 




I have gotten a lot of  compliments on this swimsuit! Here is the link to it if you're interested!
I was a little hesitant to order from this site, but it completely came through! And the quality of the suit is great!


I think I'm buff. I'm not gonna brag or anything but.. I do yoga. 


Beautiful sunset. 


Shrimp Scampi in poor lighting. We went to eat at this little restaraunt called Cuatro. I was a little skeptical of this place when we pulled up because it was supposedly a nice restaraunt and it was located in a strip mall. But HOLY COW was I wrong. It was my best meal of the whole trip! I mean this place was incredible! If you are in Maui, you absolutely HAVE to go here. It was so so so so so amazing. 


Hawaiin rocky road with macadamia nuts. Best ice cream sundae I've ever had. 


The bombest waiter in all of Maui, Tyler. Also, check out his rad mustache. He was a cool guy.

So that sums up my 3 days in Maui! Soon I'll post the happenings on Oahu ft. the 3 non-perfect children of Wade and Elizabeth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment