nav

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Cabin in the Woods

We took a little three day getaway to Broken Bow, Oklahoma. I have to be honest, it took a little convincing for me to go. Texas and Oklahoma have an unspoken (well actually it's spoken a lot) rivaly. Us Texans like to refer to Oklahoma as "Crappy Texas". I'm not gonna say anything too crazy and take that title back, but I had a wonderful time up there! It was greener and cooler than my Dallas home. Like a true Texan, I adore Texas, but despise Texas summers. Even though God blessed Texas, I think the devil gets to take over for a little while in July and August. But it's okay, we still love you, Texas. 


The view from the deck of our cabin. YASSSS. I sat out on the rocking chair and read every night. 


Yeah... nature... 


We went to a cool store called Janet's Treasure Chest. It was a mixture of a boutique and an antique store. 



NOT AGAIN. Remember the first time that happened? Well here it is if you don't. 



I mustache you a question... How do I look?



Y'ALL. Y'ALL. Y'ALL. My prize from the trip. We went to another antique store. I found this genuine turquoise and sterling silver ring..... FOR $10. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THIS IS REAL LIFE.


Another one of those moments when I cried inside for not having a good camera. 


We went to a pizza parlor called Grateful Head. Holy cow, y'all. It was delicious. Amazing. Fantastic. I can't list enough words of praise to do it justice. 


They even had a gift shop. I got me this fine lookin key chain. If you don't know, I'm obsessed with VW buses. Like... really really obsessed. My phone case is one. It's my dream car. I will have one someday. 



My hippie heart was so happy. 


I mean..... yeah. 


We found a stick bug! 


He was a cool guy. 


Love this view. Love my Birkenstocks


We swam in the Kiamichi River. Paradise! Video to come soon ;)


Wadey is a true mountain man. 

If you are interested in staying in the cabin we were in, here is the link:
Seriously y'all, I highly recommend it! Five stars! Two thumbs up! It was such a perfect retreat! 


1 comment:

  1. I always knew Wade was country, deep down. I bet he's really good at that thing country people do when they walk in knee-deep water...

    ReplyDelete