nav

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Paradise Pt. 1

Finally, after 3 days of peace and quiet, my parents and I flew to Oahu to meet up with the prodigal children. I can't even tell you how amazing it was to be with my whole family again! Bless the sweet people who willingly chose to marry into this family. I am sure they had no idea what they were getting themselves in to. We are all equally crazy in our own unique ways. But in a fun way. Well, I think so, at least. 


We stay at the Marriott Ko Olina. This is the view from our hotel room. Isn't that breath taking? My family loves to just sit on the balcony and eat our breakfast while watching the ocean. 


I always get a fresh coconut to drink when I'm there. Wanna know where I got this? It's called the swap meet! If you go to Oahu and you've never been to the swap meet, you are doing something wrong! It's a big flea market with all the souvenirs, jewelry, purses, food, and clothes you could ever want! Plus more! Here's there website for times and location: http://www.alohastadiumswapmeet.net/


Another Oahu tip for visitors: GO TO LEONARD'S MALASADA'S


Malasadas are Portugese donuts. You can get them with different fillings and coatings, but we always get ours with chocolate custard inside with cinnamon sugar on the outside. They are divine! If you are thinking, what's so great about those they don't sound that good, stop. Just trust me. They are worth the drive no matter where you are staying. 




My sister in law Katie photographed my while I had my first one of the trip (yes, that means we meant multiple times and we are not ashamed). They made me a little crazy, as you can tell. They are really that good.


It's probably weird that I'm posting a picture of my feet... but I just had to show off my adorable pedicure. Aren't the daisies so cute? My Saltwater's are pretty cute, too. 


Maggie's first time to the beach!


Sisters.


Beautiful Hawaiin sunset. 


If you want to have a little fun while grocery shopping, go to Don Quijote. It is a regular grocery store plus Asian goods. They have really funn and weird stuff. It is quite an adventure, let me tell you. My dad loves it because he served his mission in Japan.


We went to church at the Honolulu Tabernacle! It is so beautiful. 


There is a giant Banyan tree to the side of it!


Which I promptly swung from like the mature seventeen year old I am. That's keeping the Sabbath day holy.. right? 


We went out on a boat to snorkel while my dad and brother scuba dived! I have lots of cool videos from that which I will be posting soon! 


My crazy almost- twin sister being her crazy self.


She and her husband tried to take a cute underwater picture. Sadly, this was the best they could do...

Keep an eye out for Paradise Pt. 2 and my video from the whole trip! Pt. 2 will be more entertaining because I took a lot more pictures. It's all worth viewing, I promise. 


1 comment: