nav

Friday, June 20, 2014

Edinburgh

Two days ago, I returned from the best trip of my life so far. I went with my choir to the United Kingdom. It was maaaaagical. So magical. I took so many pictures because everything was so picturesque and photogenic. It was also especially cool for me since about half of my ancestors came from England and Scotland. It felt almost like going home.. except not really because I love America so dang much and it will always be my home. But ya know, Britain is super cool too. I like to think of it as "Pre America". That's not offensive... right?

We flew straight from America into Edinburgh, Scotland. I know my photos just don't do it justice because they are all crappy iphone pictures. Scotland, please forgive me. I did the best I could.


Edinburgh Castle in all her glory.


The street in front of the castle (that's totally what it says on the street sign..)



Pretty streets in Edinburgh. 



Our first pub experience! I had cottage pie and let me tell you... It was delicious. I had heard so many rumors about British food being bland and gross. That was not my experience at all. Everything I had was amazing! 


This is the beautiful cathedral we sang in! We had a total of 4 concerts. It was the coolest thing ever. One thing I love about music is that it's so universal. People all over the world love it! Music can take you incredible places. 


Here is our poster on the church bulletin! Note my creepy face reflecting on the glass. 


My beautiful friend Jordan and me in front of the cathedral. She is crazy.. and I am crazy.... So of course, we had a jolly good time. Hehe. And just in case you are wondering, yes. The bottom of my hair is purple. #YOLO. (Oh no kill me did I really just use that?????)


The birthplace of Harry Potter. This is where J.K. Rowling sat and wrote the first book. AHHHH. 



Everything was just breathtaking. 


One more look at the castle in all her glory. 

I know this had a lot of pictures. Brace yourselves because the was only the first day. .....It was a 9 day trip. I hope you enjoyed my little view of Edinburgh! 



No comments:

Post a Comment