nav

Thursday, June 26, 2014

I LOVE YORK

We traveled to the medieval town of York. Can you tell that I loved it? It was so cozy. It realy felt like I was stepping back in time! The city is surrounded by walls from the medieval times. The buildings are super old. I felt like I was in Shakespeare's time or something. It was so beautiful. Oh and did I mention the amazing shopping there? I spent more money than I probably should have at the Cath Kidston store.. LOVE. Since we had this trip on the calendar for almost a year, I saved up that whole time. I saved all my Christmas and birthday money and any other money I recieved. I ended up taking $1,400 to England. I was soooo happy to have that much money because I knew I would want to shop. So I didn't have to worry about how much money I was spending. I could just buy things that I wanted and be guilt free! I was quite proud of myself for saving up that much and it was so awesome to spend it. But I didn't spend it all so now I have a good amount of extra spending money. ;)

Anyways, enjoy my pictures of York. 


A crappy view of the medieval wall.


Wait where am I again? Amsterdam maybe? 



That's the church we sang in. Isn't it beautiful??



The famous York Minster. It is the largest gothic catherdral in Northern Europe. My pictures don't do it justice! It's magnificent! I seriously can't wrap my brain around how they built these incredible buildings so long ago without our modern technology! It boggles my mind!


Beautiful stain glass inside the York Minster. On the ohter side is the Great East Window. It is the largest expanse of medieval stained glass in the world! Unfortunately, it has been removed for cleaning so we didn't get to see the real thing. How crummy is that?? :'( It takes 10 years to clean because there are so many little bits and pieces. Talk about dedication and patience. But we did see a life size picture of it in place. It is HUGE. 




Some more views inside the Minster.


Ah. the lovely Shambles.



The Crusty Sisters (my gang) went to a lovely little tea room called Betty's Tea Room for a spot of tea. It was so quaint and cute. 


I had to enjoy some tea for myself of course! I had herbal peppermint tea. Yummmm. Note my raised pinky. I'm a true Brit.


A beautiful ruined abbey.


I got to wear my raincoat! ISN'T IT ADORABLE??? I love it. Can I let you in on a little secret? I got it at a thrift store for 10 bucks. It is a London Fog coat that sells for about $100. Yeah, I've got thrift shopping skills. *que Macklemore song* 

I hope you liked my York pictures. I feel like these pictures weren't as exciting. But don't worry, my next post will be very exciting! Brace yourselves for pretty flowers, creepy Shakespeares and awesome hats. If that doesn't intrigue you, what the heck does?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment